No one likes a Blogger

I have been a writer since my school days. I was highly interested into writing though I wasn't an avid reader. I used to write plays and stories a lot in school. But the writer in me was awakened after I joined my first company, Cognizant. That offered me a platform to showcase my skills in writing. I was able to invite lots of readers through my variety of posts varying from fiction to poetry. Although initially i was highly inclined towards poetry - writing 10 minute poems, I was equally obsessed with writing stories resembling movies. I was good and well received with my variety and velocity of posts per week. I equaly enjoyed commenting on others' creations. Thus I became a blogger.

However my project team and people @ my workplace with whom I interact on daily basis had other ideas. They felt blogging as waste of time and those who write aren't technically talented. They used to silently go through the posts and judge the writer based on his writings. Although most of my write-ups were fictional and had nothing to do with real life, they felt them as my own experiences and used to tease. People who directly work with often redeemed them useless and a eater of my productivity. But I was able to be 100% productive and was always technically talented. However I never took those things too hard and I was always the best performer in all of my projects.

Personally as well, people who read your posts are often judgmental and try to link you with the writings. If you write about love, they feel that you're in love. However I was a person writing equal amount of posts across varieties of life including love, loss, death, Ecstasy etc. People are not matured to see the difference between actual life and fictional writings. They tend to be emotional and assess us based on our write-ups. I feel we need to grow and abolish the intentions of hating a blogger. This is just a medium to express our feelings and our skills and should be taken in the right way. Family/Business must opine towards reading an article as someone's creation and should not judge the person based on that. Even if you does't encourage writing that doesn't matter, as long as a blogger isn't disturbed by your actions - well and good. But in this world, Family/Friends - No one likes a blogger !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The curiosity in your eyes

A Common Man's Expectation from the Govt

Why LIC is the best life insurer?