World Movies

I have spent over 2 decades watching tamil, english and hindi films. I was quite used to the ways those films were made. A movie with hero-heroines, families, dance, stunts, drama, love etc. Ever since 2010 I started watching world movies. Japanese, Swedish, Polish, German, Italian, Parsian, French etc. I have started to feel cinema in a totally new dimension. My perspective of movies changed totally.

The first movie I watched the academy award winning Italian film "Life is Beautiful" by Roberto Benigni. I was awestruck by the simplicity of the movie. Although it was simple, the impat it brought was amazing. I then became a fan of Majid Majidi's Iranian films. Simple, Colorful, Free flowing type movie they were. Jafar Panahi's out of the box thinking for Iranians caught my attention. Ingmar Bergman's characters, the true human feelings were shown in his films. Vittorio De Sica's "The Bicycle thief" is my favorite movie. Akira Kurosawa's movies brought a drastic change in the screenplays. The themes used by him showed human emotions. Charles Chaplin made lovely silent films. 

I became a fan of Italian films of the 40s and German films of this decade. Ingmar Bergman, Akira Kurosawa and Majid majidi are my favorite directors. A lot of Chinese, Japanese cinema of these days are mind blowing. Spanish films today are ruling the world. Directors like Alejandro Gonzalez Inarittu, Alfonso Cuaron are ruling Hollywood these days. World/Foreign language film's dominanchave started to increase in Hollywood and they are winning high accolades in the prestiguous academy awards.

In order to understand and appreciate cinema better we got to follow all the old and new foreign language films. They teach History and provide a new perception towards movies. Although Hollywood has scaled enormous heights, the wave and knowledge these foreign language films have brought to cinema is praise-worthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The curiosity in your eyes

A Common Man's Expectation from the Govt

Why LIC is the best life insurer?