All Glory is Fleeting

Having been a Superstar
Far out of reach from my competitors
While was fighting my war
Saw off all the opponents with fervour

I was the talk of the town
A sensational Victor, a Legend
Whoever fought me, went down
With insurmountable losses that wouldn’t mend

Game after game – I won
Cruising along, I feared none
Like a tall mountain that stood with pride
Glory was on my stride

Like the never-ending waves, I marched
Watching me unstoppable, my rivals parched
Precision and Perfection
Took me to new levels of elation

Millions of fans celebrated my victory
As I was creating history
Like the beaming sunlight that descends upon the earth
With some brilliant plays, I took away my fan’s breath

After few everlasting success
The winds seemed to recess
Age and injury took a toll
When the new players had a roll

Every game I lost gave me pain
And failures started to rain
The end of an era – some called
My ideas and execution flawed

All good things would come to an end
When I was no more able to bend
Young Sport stars became newsmakers
And they were game shakers

I had to give up someday
I have no future in the offing
Success is no more my way
And all glory is fleeting











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The curiosity in your eyes

Messi/Ronaldo - Who's the Best??

Financial Status - The way it is